Monday, July 23, 2007

2nd visit

Our second day in An Giang went by pretty slowly. We could not go back to the center until 3:00, so we spent time around the town. We have a store across the street with a grocery store, book store and several other places to browse. We browsed at some street markets but we will save the shopping for Ho Chi Minh. When we finally reached the center Mya came running straight into my arms!! I was beyond words. She was very calm, but also content just to be held. What a treat. We brought out the toys from the day before and the day got rolling again. The kids were very glad to see all of us again. Mallory was a big hit again. Mya was playing ball with her and now she says Mya seems just like part of the family. We know it will be a whole new ballgame when we leave the safety of the center. When asked Mya was able to say who her mom, dad, sister and brother were. Now we just need to learn how to say those words to her. This language barrier will be quite an issue. We will head back today at 3:00 again. Wednesday, tomorrow, will be the earliest we will be able to make this official. Please pray!! I have adopted a new song through this process and it is very meaningful still. It is called "I will wait" by Aaron Shust. If you are waiting in the adoption process I strongly suggest you find a way to listen to it. It helps out a lot on days it is difficult to wait. "When I am tired, you bring me comfort. When I am weak you give me strenght. When I can't walk you give me wings like an eagle. When I am alone you bring me peace. When I fear the unknown you give me peace. When I call you always answer me...We wait for you like a wathchman waits for morning, we wait for you like creation waits for spring, we wait for you knowing sometimes without warning you reveal your plans in ways maybe we don't understand. I will wait for your mercy, I will wait for your plan to unfold, I will wait for your mercies are new every morning" Yes, I claim these words right now! Thanks for checking in on us. I will post more as it happens.

2 comments:

Beth Ann Stein said...

What a joy to see a photo of ALL your family together.

We're rejoicing and praying!

KurtnLia said...

This is so great and again a testimony to God's goodness.

Can't wait to see you all!